What is Incident Management Software?
Incident Management Software enables company IT teams or IT service companies to track and report discrepancies in their IP operations and/or software systems.
Incident management is a subset of IT service management software (ITMS).
These tools help build a log of past incidents and analyses to detect patterns and recurring problems.
Real-time data collection helps IT professionals triage on the time, location, systems, and devices impacted by the incident.
Incident management systems include:
- Automatic escalations of incident reports to a higher authority within the business
- Collaboration features, such as mobile apps and chat apps
- Configurable forms and reports to match incidents with the relevant response and requirements of the firm
- Real time monitoring and alerts to continuously report incidents or security threats
- Response dashboard for incident reporting