What is Key Management Software?
Key Management Software, also known as Encryption Key Management Software, is used in the creation, administration, storage, and distribution of encryption keys.
Use of key management software is design to ensure that the encryption and decryption of sensitive information is only available to certain authorized users.
IT professionals and other security officers use encryption keys to ensure sensitive information remains secure.
Key management software also includes backup functionality and other protection measures to prevent data loss.
Moreover, it helps ensure that only approved users can access encryption keys and to ensure that they’re distributed to the intended users.
Key Management features
- Track key issuance
- Provide key storage and data backup functionality
- Manage digital key cabinets
- Control authorized user permissions
- Ensure that security policies related to key storage and distribution can be enforced
- Compliance management for encryption keys