What is Kiosk Software?
Kiosk Software enables computers and public access terminals to turn into a self-service kiosk to offer software and service applications to end users.
Software features to the customer are typically restricted with only managers having full access for security purposes, which can be unlocked with a passcode.
The use of kiosks can lead to greater customer satisfaction given their convenience. Customers can get easy access to product information or bill pay without having to wait in long queues in physical locations.
It can help customer acquisition when kiosks offer product information in strategically placed areas.
Kiosk software buyers
They are commonly used in the following business applications:
- Retail businesses (e.g., supermarkets, stores with interactive product catalogs, DIY applications like photo)
- Restaurants, where point-of-sale (POS) ordering is common for added convenience to the customer
- Hospitals to ease appointment scheduling and track availability of physicians
- Public transportation and government bodies (e.g., airport and train ticketing, check-in and check-out, bill payment)
Business use of kiosks can help the customer save time, provide a more convenient experience, and save on hiring costs or employee tie-ups in administrative tasks.
Kiosk software features
Kiosks typically include the following features:
- Touch screen
- Secure browsing
- Remote access
- Remote monitoring
- Usage reporting
- Onsite printing functionality (e.g., tickets, receipts)
- Check-in and check-out procedures
- Order and ticket fulfillment
- User session management (e.g., browser history clearing after a period of inactivity)
- File download
- Video and audio integration
- Centralized database for record-keeping