What is Logistics Software?
Logistics Software is used in transportation management, warehousing, and other logistical functions, helping to monitor product flow, supply chains, distributions channels, and vendor relationships.
Businesses that use logistics and supply chain software work to identify inefficiencies and generally better ways of conducting business in supply and distribution channels. Moreover, they will work to better optimize warehouse storage and automate purchases.
Software solution in the logistics and supply chain space assist third-party logistics (3PL) providers, air/land/sea cargo companies, freight forwarders, importers and exporters, and various companies related to supply chain management operations.
Businesses can integrate multiple logistics software solutions into a single system or choose a single software suite to manage logistics, freight, and supply chain processes.
Logistics software features
- Transportation management (e.g., shipment consolidation, routing, cargo and dispatch scheduling, carrier selection)
- Warehouse management (barcode, RFID scanning, inventory transfer)
- Inventory control (order fulfillment, supplier sourcing)
- Demand forecasting
- Import and export support (i.e., taxes, regulations, FX exchange, languages)
- Tracking and tracing goods as they flow through the supply chain
- Risk management
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Help desk, customer support
- Accounting and financial reporting
- Billing and invoicing