What is Long Term Care Software?
Long Term Care Software helps to automate the operations involved in geriatric care and long term care facilities.
Long term care software helps to streamline clinical, marketing, financial, appointment scheduling, point of care and other activities to streamline workflows. Home health may also be overlap with long term care software solutions.
Long term care software features
For inclusion in this category, the product should possess many, if not all, of the following features:
- Electronic medical records (EMR) for medical information, client documentation, and electronic storage capacity. This is especially important for transitions of care.
- Medication management via Clinical electronic medication administration records (eMAR) and electronic treatment administration records (eTAR)
- Clinical Minimum Data Set (MDS) assessments (federally required clinical assessment for all residents within Medicare- and/or Medicaid-certified living centers)
- Patient scheduling and medical appointments
- Point of care
- Billing and invoicing
- Marketing through leads and communications management