What is Preventative Maintenance Software?
Preventative Maintenance Software helps service organizations with the scheduling and tracking of routine maintenance activities.
Preventative maintenance helps increase overall operational efficiency and reduce costs related to upkeep.
Preventative maintenance software is targeted at companies that have fleets of vehicles and other equipment that require various forms of regular repairs and servicing.
This could include aircraft, construction equipment, delivery vehicles, field service trucks, semi-trucks, or any general form of fleet equipment.
These tools can help organizations:
- Identify parts of their fleet that are over-utilized and underutilized
- Reduce any unneeded inventory (i.e., inventory control, tracking, and management)
- Schedule routine repairs and servicing
- Track equipment and inventory
- Forecast potential issues
- Manage warranties and accident and claim governance
- Support facility management operations
- Help with vendor and customer interfacing
- Ensure quality customer relationship management (CRM)
Users of preventative maintenance software
Users of preventative maintenance software commonly include:
- Service companies
- Aviation companies
- Vehicle rental companies
- Maintenance organizations
- Third party logistics (3PL) companies
- Heavy machinery and equipment users
- Dispatch services with oversight of fleet vehicles and equipment
- Transportation industry organizations