What is Professional Landscape Design Software?
Professional Landscape Design Software usually refers to a computer-aided design (CAD) drawing software used by contractors and architectural professionals for landscape and garden design projects.
Landscape design tools typically include features such as photo imaging, lighting design, proposal creation, and 3D rendering. Visualizations of various custom elements complement the design database (e.g., plants, flowers, foundations, sheds, decks, patios, buildings, ponds, statuary images).
Many landscape design software feature point-and-click interfaces and layout mapping that can go from basic side patio gardens to more complex, expansive designs.
Some software can create quotes and project cost estimations or integrate in with these applications.
Professional Landscape Design features
Professional landscape design software typically has the following features:
- Sharable and editable design templates and visualizations
- Mobile apps and mobile functionality for field employees
- The ability to generate quotes and estimates for services and designs
- The capability to track time, expenses, and material costs for each order, worker, and/or job
- Database with existing images, designs, proposals, 3D renderings with drag-and-drop functionality
Landscape design software integrations
Landscape design tools often integrate in with accounting, building information modeling (BIM), CAD, customer relationship management (CRM), and other business operations packages.