What is Real Estate Investment Software?
Real Estate Software helps real estate investors, developers, and other professionals make better decisions tracking and managing their investments and real estate holdings.
Some real estate investment solutions have external built-in communications features to facilitate communication between investors/developers or between clients and investors/developers.
Features typically include real estate accounting, investment tracking, analytics tools, communication tools, report generation, company-related data, local-market real estate and property data, macroeconomic data, and more.
Data is aggregated and internal tools assembled to support investment analysis and better manage client portfolios.
Real estate investment software will typically integrate in with accounting tools if they are not already built-in. They will also integrate in with other web-based sources and applications to import market or economic data.
Platforms may be real estate-specific or they may include real estate information along with information on a broader variety of securities and financial instruments.
What qualifies Real Estate Investment Software into this category?
A real estate investment product should:
- Provide aid in managing various types of real estate investments in different markets and of different property types, along with any custom financial products
- Enable the ability to buy and sell financial securities and manage dividend disbursement on liquid securities
- Offer tools to help with real estate investment analysis, risk exposure (e.g., VaR calculations, stress tests, leverage calculations), and portfolio analysis
- Help identify how certain investment might fit into a portfolio to help improve return or lower and mitigate risk
- Support data importation from third-party sources
- Help with administrative tasks, such as records management
- Support detailed reporting functions (e.g., cash flow, three statements, tax scheduling)
- Offer a client portal, if necessary