What is Help Desk Software?
Help Desk Software is used to store customer information in searchable databases, track customer interactions, and automate the query and issue resolution process via an issue tracking system.
Help desk solution can be both external (i.e., customer support) and internal (i.e., employee support, such as via IT).
Software solutions can help minimize employee productivity drop-offs from unsolved tech problems, create self-service resolutions, identify recurring issues, and ensure issue transparency from creation to resolution.
Help desk software can provide the following benefits:
- A single database to enter, track, and resolve problems
- Standardized workflows to aid business processes to improve efficiency throughout the organization
- Reduce service costs
- Improve customer satisfaction
- Identify requests that need to be prioritized and escalated
- Build a database of resolutions so that agents can be find and reuse past solutions to recurring issues