In this article, we’ll cover how to do a hard reset of an iPhone.
Let’s jump right in.
How to do a hard reset on an iPhone
There are a few different ways to hard reset an iPhone. We’ll cover the two most common methods below.
Method 1: Hard resetting an iPhone with buttons
This is the most common way to hard reset an iPhone.
1. Make sure your iPhone is turned off
2. Hold down the Home button and the Power button at the same time until you see the Apple logo OR
if you have a newer iPhone…
Hit the down volume button, then the up volume button, then the down volume button, then the power button to reset it.
3. When you see the Apple logo, release both buttons
4. Your iPhone will restart and should be back to factory settings
Method 2: Hard resetting an iPhone with iTunes
If you can’t get your iPhone to turn on or if it’s frozen, you can hard reset it using iTunes.
1. Plug your iPhone into your computer
2. Open iTunes
3. Click on the iPhone icon in the top left corner
4. Click on the “Restore iPhone” button
5. Confirm that you want to restore your iPhone by clicking on the “Restore” button
6. Your iPhone will be hard reset and returned to factory settings
And that’s how you hard reset an iPhone!